Here are some of the many service opportunities that can be found at Oakland:
- Kitchen Staff – Serving in the kitchen for special events. Please see Carole Matt.
- Welcome Team – Become a greeter, usher, acolyte, or junior usher. Please see Darden Langston, Bobby Winslow or John Gayle.
- Sunday School – Become a Sunday school teacher or aide, Children’s Church teacher or aide, or join a church committee that you are feeling drawn towards. Please see Rev. Ed Lilley or the “sign up” boards to volunteer.
- Office Support – Help with newsletters, bulletins, and other administrative tasks. Please see Connie Edwards.
- Serve as an Advisor for Youth Activities – Help chaperone youth during our Sunday afternoon Bread Ministry or other youth missions and events. Please see Rev. Ed Lilley.
- Become a CAPS or COP Volunteer - These are two organizations in our community that help the needy. Please see Kim Waller or Rev. Mary Anne Biggs.
- Music – Join the adult choir, bell-choir, or Oakland Choristers. Please see Paul Putnam.
- Maintenance Team – Help keep our church grounds clean and in good repair, both inside and out. Please see John Matt or Susie Eaton.