Service Opportunities at Oakland
- Kitchen Staff – Serving in the kitchen for special events. Please see Carole Matt.
- Welcome Team – Become a greeter, usher, or acolyte – See Darden Langston, Bobby Winslow or Susie Eaton.
- Sunday School – Become a Sunday school teacher or aide, Children’s Church teacher or aide, or join a church committee that you are feeling drawn towards.
- Office Support – Help with newsletters, bulletins, and other administrative tasks. Please see Connie Edwards.
- Serve as an Advisor for Youth Activities – Help chaperone youth during youth missions and events. Please see Dr. Danielle Howell.
- Become a CAPS or COP Volunteer – These are two organizations in our community that help the needy. Please see Dana Mitchell and Pam Saunders.
- Music – Join the Adult Choir or Bell Choir – Please see Paul Putnam or a choir member.
- Maintenance Team – Help keep our church grounds clean and in good repair, both inside and out. Please see John Matt or Connie Edwards. (call the office 255-4353)
Service & Support in the Community
- OAKLAND ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: We partner with Oakland School in many ways from collecting school supplies and delivering to the students to provide snacks and volunteers for children’s programs sponsored by the school. Learn more.
- LOAVES & FISHES: We prepare ~40 healthy meal bags which feed 6-8 people and distribute these bags once a month on the 3rd Thursday to the community from our portico. Drive-thru starting @ 11am until gone. We partner with Wesley Chapel, St. John’s, Little Bethel, Diamond Grove, Healthy Suffolk, and the Chuckatuck Ruritans.
Missions at Oakland
At Oakland, we are always looking for ways to connect people to the life-changing presence of Jesus Christ, whether locally in our own backyard or overseas. Everything we do must pass this simple 2-way test:
- Does it help people get better connected to each other?
- Does it help people get better connected to God?